Evidence Requirements

We require evidence of a disability, medical or mental health condition to be able to put in place any adjustments in class or for exams. When registering online with the Disability and Dyslexia Service you will be able to upload evidence which will then be reviewed by a Disability Adviser. 

The sections below briefly explain the evidence we require. We cannot arrange any reasonable adjustments without suitable evidence but details are provided on how to obtain evidence if you currently don’t have any or it doesn’t meet the requirements. 

Evidence is also required for Disabled Students Allowance which is available through your funding body (e.g. Student Finance England,) to cover the cost of additional equipment or support due to a disability. 

Please visit your relevant funding body website for details of their evidence requirements and to download a disability evidence form which can be completed by a suitable professional if you do not have any existing evidence.

If your funding body is SFE, you can find this information here: https://www.gov.uk/disabled-students-allowance-dsa/eligibility

A letter or report from a GP, hospital consultant or other appropriately qualified health professional which includes the following information:

· The name of the diagnosed condition.

· Confirmation that the condition is long-term.

· A brief description of how the condition impacts daily life and study.

Students applying for Disabled Students Allowance can ask their GP to complete a Disability Evidence Form instead of writing a letter if this is easier. Evidence forms can be obtained from the website of your funding body e.g. Student Finance England.


A diagnostic report written in accordance with the 2005 SpLD Working Group Guidelines, from either:

· An Educational Psychologist or

· A suitably qualified specialist teacher, holding a SpLD Assessment Practising Certificate.

Please note: Form 8 exam access documents from a school or college are not suitable evidence. Students who only have a Form 8 will need a full diagnostic assessment.

Information on how to obtain a diagnostic assessment is available here: https://www2.worc.ac.uk/disabilityanddyslexia/getting-assessed.html

Students who require assessment for ADHD should approach their GP for a referral into the NHS service or private assessment. The University is unable to assess students for ADHD.

A letter or report from a GP, hospital consultant or other appropriately qualified health professional which confirms the diagnosis and that it has a long-term adverse impact on your daily life.

Alternatively, a recent Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN) or Educational Health and Care Plan (EHCP) issued by a local authority. 

Contact us

We meet with students in a confidential space in firstpoint.  To book a Disability Advisor appointment please contact or visit firstpoint, which is open Monday to Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm, and is situated in the Peirson Study and Guidance Centre on St Johns Campus.  

Telephone: 01905 542551    Email: firstpoint@worc.ac.uk

To contact the team directly please email disability@worc.ac.uk or telepone 01905 855531

We are also on Twitter  https://twitter.com/UoWDDS

A detailed access guide to the Peirson Centre can be found on AccessAble.co.uk