Concerns and Complaints

If you have any concerns about the way the Disability and Dyslexia Service is providing your support we would encourage you, in the first instance, to talk to one of its Disability Advisers/Managers to see if the matter can be resolved effectively for you.

If you continue to be dissatisfied with the response then you can submit an Academic Appeal or a formal complaint.

·       If you are appealing against an academic decision, you should follow the appeals procedure. You will find details here of how to challenge a decision.

·           The complaints procedure is designed to complement the appeals process and will consider any other subject relating to the student experience.

The Appeals and Complaints Officer who manages complaints can be contacted on the following email address for further information:  

You may also wish to talk to one of the Students' Union Advisers who are independent of the University, and can offer support and guidance to students who are dissatisfied with their University experience. 

Contact us

We meet with students in a confidential space in firstpoint.  To book a Disability Advisor appointment please contact or visit firstpoint, which is open Monday to Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm, and is situated in the Peirson Study and Guidance Centre on St Johns Campus.  

Telephone: 01905 542551    Email:

To contact the team directly please email or telepone 01905 855531

We are also on Twitter

A detailed access guide to the Peirson Centre can be found on