Health and Safety
What We Do
The University has a legal duty to ensure systems are in place to provide a safe working environment and to be effective, the University needs to seek advice on matters relating to health and safety. This support is provided by Safety Services along with others who provide specialist support for example in matters relating to fire safety, asbestos and legionella or occupational health.
- Helping to ensure the University remains compliant
- Reviewing, drafting and updating policies and procedures
- Providing advice and support to the University as a whole and individual staff members
- Investigating the more serious incidents to understand what happened and to recommend improvements in the way that we do things
- Helping to instil a culture of safety within the University so that everyone feels included and empowered to help reduce risks to staff, students and visitors.
What We Don't Do
Any questions can be emailed to Safety Services