firstpoint is dedicated to helping students access information and support during their studies.

We are based in the Peirson Study and Guidance Centre on St John’s Campus.

Advisers are available Monday to Friday.  For opening times please visit our homepage.

Telephone: 01905 542551

Problems with your accommodation


If you are living in University owned or managed accommodation and something is not working you need to report it to the maintenance team. Maintenance requests should be logged online; this can be done by logging onto your MyDay page and selecting ‘Maintenance Requests’. 

You can find guidance on this process on this document: how to log a job.

If your request is urgent and outside of normal working hours, please contact Security, located at main reception on St John’s Campus. You can also telephone them on 01905 855000. 

Changing your accommodation

If you are in University accommodation, see our page about room transfer requests for more information.  If you are in private accommodation and are looking to leave a contract, you can make an appointment with the Accommodation team for advice.  The Students’ Union can also give you advice, as well as try to help you resolve disputes.  See the SU website for more information.

Lost keys

Click this link for more information about lost keys.


If the Wi-Fi or Ethernet port are not working in your University halls of residence, please report it to the IT Service Desk, which you can access though your MyDay page.

Communal Living

If you are having difficulties with communal living, or you have concerns about your flatmates, there is some helpful information available from Student Support and Wellbeing Team

Paying your rent

If you are having difficulty paying the rent for your University accommodation, it is important to inform the Finance office.  They will be able to discuss the situation with you.  You can contact them by phone 01905 542892 or email: 

You may also find it helpful to meet with one of the Money Advisers; appointments are available to book through firstpoint.  Money Advice also have information about financial support for students available on the Money Advice webpages