Information for staff
We have put together some frequently asked questions and answers below, if you can’t find the information you are looking for then please get in touch and we will do our best to help you.
You can call us on 01905 857500 anytime between 08:30 and 17:00 Monday – Friday. Or drop in and talk to us; we have a ICT Support desk on the first floor of the Peirson Study and Guidance Centre on the St Johns Campus which is open the same time as the phone line.
On your first day please get in touch if you have any questions or if you are unsure about what ICT services you should have access to, or require assistance setting them up.
No absolutely not. Please do not divulge your login details to anyone – even people claiming to be from ICT, we will never ask for your password.
- BEWARE of scams.
- NEVER respond to an email asking you for your account details and NEVER disclose your password to anyone. The University or legitimate companies will never ask you to verify, or provide confidential information in an unsolicited email.
- ONLY click on links from trusted sources. Malicious email links can infect your computer or take you to web pages designed to steal your information. Never click on a suspicious link unless you have a way to independently verify that it is safe.
- DO NOT open unsolicited or unexpected attachments. Malicious attachments can infect your computer. If you cannot verify an attachment is legitimate, delete it.
- DELETE all suspicious email immediately. Do not forward it to colleagues or ICT Support.
We suggest you take a look at ICT Security Awareness document.
Any member of staff can download up to 5 copies of Microsoft Office 2016 through the University’s Office 365 environment so you don’t need to purchase your own copy before you get here.
- Event support
- Loan equipment
- Consultancy on teaching technologies
Please get in touch to find out more information.
Use your credit on your staff card to print, please see Print and Digitisation for details.