What is Microsoft Stream?
- Microsoft Stream is an Enterprise Video service
- Upload, view, and share videos securely
- Share recordings of classes, meetings, presentations, training sessions, or other videos that aid your team's collaboration
- Share comments on a video, tag timecodes in comments and descriptions to refer to specific points in a video and discuss with colleagues.
Stream is available to all University of Worcester staff members and students.
How to access
- Visit http://www.office365.com and sign in with your University credentials.
- If you cannot see Stream listed on the welcome page, select ‘All Apps’ then choose Stream.
How to upload a video
To begin uploading a video select ‘Create’ and then ‘Upload video’.
Next, drag a file to the upload area or select Browse.
Now you will be able to give your video a title and description as well as adjusting sharing permissions and captioning settings.
Auto captioning a video
Microsoft Stream can automatically generate captions for your video content.
You simply upload a video and select ‘Auto generate a caption file’ in the upload options.
You will receive an email once the transcription is ready. The longer the video, the longer this process takes.
Editing the auto generated captions
Automatically generated captions are rarely perfect. The better your audio quality, the more accurate the transcription will be. If you need to, you can manually edit the transcription.
Go to My Content > Videos, select the video title and it will open the video.
On the right-hand side, you’ll have the transcription window. Click the pencil icon to edit the transcription to make adjustments.
Microsoft How to guides: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/stream/
Getting started: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/stream/portal-upload-video
Live streaming: Live streaming via Microsoft Stream is not available.