International and European Students

International and European Students



International Students

Undergraduate Courses per academic year £12,400
Postgraduate Courses – 12 month taught course £13,300
MBA - £13,300
PhD Research Degree full-time £13,300

European Union Students

Undergraduate Courses per academic year £9,250
Postgraduate Courses:
MBA, MA, MSc - one year £6,890
MPhil & PhD Research Degree full-time £4,327

For the complete list of postgraduate tuition fees please visit:   

Depending on your lifestyle you will need around £7,200 per year (about £800 per month) for accommodation and living expenses (excluding tuition fees).

The University of Worcester's International Recruitment Team can be contacted at:

International Recruitment
Jenny Lind Building - (Room JL 2026)
University of Worcester

Tel: +44 (0)1905 542640




If you are an EU national or the child of an EU national, or have lived in the EU for three years prior to starting your undergraduate studies, you may be eligible for a loan to pay your Tuition Fees, whether full or part-time, on a similar basis to UK students. Application forms can be downloaded from:

Student Finance Services European Team can be contacted at:

Student Finance Services Non UK Team
Student Finance England
PO Box 89
County Durham
DL1 9AZ        

Tel: 0141 243 3570 (between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday)
Tel (from outside UK): +44 (0)141 243 3570

For more information see:

  • EU students are not generally eligible for maintenance loans or grants (help with living costs) from Student Finance unless they have lived in the UK for 5 years before the start of their course.
  • EU students might also be eligible for help with living costs if a member of their family, such as a parent, husband, or wife, is an EEA or Swiss national, and is living and working in England.

Other Funding Available to EU Students

  • Information about other funding available can be found on the British Council website
  • Eligible EU students may also apply for financial help from the University’s Access to Learning Fund (note: a notional student income will be assumed in the assessment process of EU applications to the Access to Learning Fund for those EU students only entitled to a Tuition Fee Loan from Student Finance England).
  • There are Educational Trust Funds and Grant Giving Charities that may help students from outside the UK.  See the Trust Funds page on this website for more information. 


EEA Migrant Workers

EU students granted Migrant Worker Status are treated as Home Students by Student Finance England so are eligible for the same student finance as students from the UK. As a general rule Migrant Worker Status students must have already been in the UK for reasons of employment before starting university.

Work that is classed as marginal or ancillary will not lead to Migrant Worker Status. Students should check with Student Finance England for details of eligibility.

Students should note that they will lose this status if they stop work, other than for reasons of redundancy and Student Finance England will check that students are still in continuous employment before each of the three dates a year that student finance is paid. Where work undertaken before university is related to the course then it can be given up to start university without loss of Migrant Worker Status but students are advised to check details of status by contacting Student Finance England before making any changes to their employment.

Other information about funding your studies can be found at: and

For EU Maintenance Awards see:



International students from outside the EU are NOT eligible for Tuition Fee Loans, Maintenance Loans, Maintenance Grants or the Access to Learning Fund, but should see the University's Scholarship options.

International Scholarship    

International (Non-EU) students are eligible to receive tuition fee scholarships of up to £3,000 based on academic merit for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses.

Scholarships are automatically awarded to applicants based on their previous achievement, and range from £1,000 to £3,000. Essentially, the higher grades achieved in your previous study, the higher the value of scholarship for which you will be eligible.

Other scholarships are also available, up to a maximum of £3,000 in total, as well as an Early Payment discount of £500 if fees are paid in full prior to 30 September. Please see for a full overview of all of the International scholarships available.

Other Funding Available to International Students

  • Information about other funding available can be found on the British Council website - click on link to left of this page.
  • There are also Educational Trust Funds and Grant Giving Charities that may help students from outside the UK. See the Trust Funds page on this website for more information.

Student Visa

To obtain a student visa you will need to prove that you will be able to support yourself financially during the period of your studies in the UK.

Useful websites about finance for international students are:

Payment of Fees for International Students

If you are an International student from outside the EU at least half of your tuition fees must be paid in full before you arrive at the University of Worcester (UW). After payment of the deposit, the balance of the tuition fees should be paid on or before arrival at the University. An early payment discount of £500 applies if fees are paid in full prior to the 30th September.



Accommodation Fees for International and EU Students

You will be expected to pay £300 deposit before you arrive. This will be returned to you at the end of your stay providing no damage has occurred. You will receive an invoice for accommodation fees on arrival.

If you have chosen university managed accommodation, you will be asked to sign a binding contract for a set number of weeks. If you leave your accommodation you will be asked to pay your accommodation fees in full for the contracted weeks unless you can find another student who wants to take your room. You must not swap your room with another student without informing the Accommodation Office first.


If you are going to be in the UK for more than six months you should normally be allowed to open a free UK bank account. This is an account which allows you to put money in and take it out using a Debit Card. It will not normally allow you to have a Credit Card or an overdraft. You can choose which bank to use but look carefully at what they offer. Some banks will offer a more flexible account or a ‘student account’ but there may be a monthly charge for this account. They may offer you ‘free gifts’ but consider carefully the value of the gift in relation to the charge. The Post Office and some Building Societies also offer basic bank accounts.

To open a bank account in the UK you will need your passport (or national ID card if from an EU country) and a Student Status letter downloaded from your SOLE page.

Visa and Mastercard are widely accepted in the UK and may be used instead of opening a bank account. 


The United Kingdom is currently negotiating its exit from the European Union, commonly referred to as Brexit. EU students should check the UK immigration website periodically for updates on their status related to Brexit:

Visit website: for information about financial support for EU students.

Part-time work for International and EU Students

EU - If you are an EU student you are eligible to work in the UK without restrictions.

International - If you are from outside the European Economic Area and are entering the UK on a Tier 4 visa, you may be eligible to obtain work for a limited number of hours per week while studying a full-time course. You may not work if your visa or passport-stamp states: ‘No Work’ or ‘Employment Prohibited’ etc unless it also contains the words ‘consent of the Secretary of State’. Contact the University’s International Experience Service if you have any student visa queries.

Students on a short term student visa, whether applied for before entry to the UK or received upon arrival in the UK, are not allowed to work. Information about working in the UK can also be found on the UKCISA webpages:  

National Insurance (NI) number for International and EU Students

If you are able to work you will need an NI number. You should telephone 0345 600 0643 to arrange allocation of an NI number. You may be allocated a temporary number while your job application is being processed. To obtain an NI number you will need proof of ID (e.g. passport, birth certificate, student ID) and details of the job offer.



The University of Worcester's International Experience Team supports you across your time at the University. They organise an International Welcome Week with multiple activities to help you familiarise yourself through the city, social events to help you meet new people while you are here and “student priced” trips to make sure you travel and get the best of your British experience!

They are also the ones that help you if you decide to study a semester abroad and guide you through the process for applying for it, and they can also answer your visa and work permits related questions.

The University of Worcester's International Experience Team can be contacted at:

International Experience
Peirson Building (PNG008)
University of Worcester

Telephone: +44 (0)1905 542607