You will be allocated a Personal Academic Tutor (or PAT) once you begin your studies.

Their role is to support you in relation to your course and they will also write your reference, so it’s helpful to meet with them to discuss what’s going on. You might want to talk about career aspirations and keep them up to date with any extra-curricular activities such as volunteering or society membership.