Who can help

The links below are designed to help you find support services available to you during your studies.  You can also use our A-Z.  

Please remember, if you're not sure what you're looking for or don't know where to start, come and ask us: we're here to help. You can visit firstpoint, email firstpoint@worc.ac.uk or telephone us on 01905 542551.

Accommodation Advisers
Help for students living in University or private housing

Careers Advisers
CV clinics, job applications, interview technique and more

Centre for Academic English and Skills
Advice on how to improve your academic English (formerly the Language Centre)

For whatever is concerning you, which may be preventing you from being how you want to be

Disability Advisers
Confidential guidance about disabilities, learning differences and medical conditions

Emergency Support
Who to contact in an emergency


External Sources of Support
List of websites and contact details for external support organisation

Fancy a Cuppa
Have an informal chat with staff and students; free hot drinks and biscuits available


firstpoint Advisers
Here to help answer your specific questions or to chat with if you’re not sure where to start 

IT Service
Support and services such as laptop loans, logging a help call and a software webstore

International Advisers
Specialist advisers to support international students

Language Centre
Now called the Centre for Academic English & Skills

Academic Liaison Librarians can support with using resources and referencing

Mental Health Practitioners
Help and support with any pre-diagnosed or emerging mental health condition

Money Advisers
Providing students and potential students with welfare and financial advice & support

Out of Hours Support
Who to contact when the University is closed



Personal Academic Tutor (PAT)
A member of academic staff who will be your key regular point of contact with the University

Programme Advisers
Planning your programme of study, modules changes, reassessments, and course transfers

Residential Life Team
Here to help and support you in halls


Sexual Misconduct Reporting
Accessing support and guidance for sexual misconduct or harassment 

Student Wellbeing Advisers
Confidential support service on a broad range of pastoral and welfare issues

Students' Union Advisers
An independent charity providing confidential independent and impartial advice to all students

Useful Contacts at the University
Telephone and email contacts for teams across
the University of Worcester

Writers in Residence
One-to-one tutorials covering all subject areas and supporting all aspects of academic writing