When you are living in University Halls, you may use a combination of a physical key and your student ID card for access.

Collecting Keys
Keys for your accommodation when you first arrive and move in will usually be distributed on a particular date and at a particular time. You will be contacted by the Accommodation Team to arrange this.

Depending on which halls you are living in, you may use your student ID card instead of a physical key, or a combination of both. 

If you do not have your student ID card when you first move in, you will be given a temporary guest card to enable you to access your building and/or flat.  Once you have collected your official ID card, please remember to return your guest card to main reception.  If your allocated card is not returned, you will be charged at the end of the academic year.

Lost Keys
Replacement keys may be ordered and collected via the Accommodation Hub, based on the St John's campus (see map below).  You should be aware that there may be a charge for your replacement key(s). 

Accommodation Hub

  • Out of normal working hours, please contact Security, located at main reception on St John’s Campus.
  • You can also telephone them on 01905 855000
  • If you use your ID card to access your accommodation, please report this to Security so that card access can be restricted.