Problems in accommodation

We do understand that sometimes things go wrong, but there is support available.

For students living in privately rented accommodation

For students living in University of Worcester accommodation
  • Maintenance 
    If you are living in University owned or managed accommodation and something is not working, you need to report it to the maintenance team. Maintenance requests should be logged online; this can be done by logging onto your MyDay page and selecting ‘Maintenance Requests’.  You can find guidance on this process here: how to log a job.

    If your request is urgent and outside of normal working hours, please contact Security, located at main reception on St John’s Campus. You can also telephone them on 01905 855000.

  • Internet in halls
    If the Wi-Fi or Ethernet port are not working in your University halls of residence, please see the IT Service's guide to internet in halls.

  • Lost keys 
    See our webpage for more information about lost keys.
  • Communal Living 
    If you are having difficulties with communal living, or you have concerns about your flatmates, there is some helpful information available from the Student Support and Wellbeing Team.  

  • Paying your rent 
    If you are having difficulty paying the rent for your University accommodation, it is important to inform the Finance office. They will be able to discuss the situation with you.  You can contact them by email or by phone 01905 542892. 

    You may also find it helpful to meet with one of the Money Advisers; appointments are available to book through firstpoint. Money Advice also have information about financial support for students available on the Money Advice webpages.
  • Changing your accommodation 
    See our webpage for more information about requesting a room transfer.