The Money Advice Service is here to provide students and potential students at the University of Worcester with welfare and financial advice and support.

To arrange an appointment with a Money Adviser, please email firstpoint or phone 01905 54 2551.   

International and European Students


International Students

  • Undergraduate Courses per academic year £12,700
  • Postgraduate Courses – 12 month taught course £13,700
  • MBA - £13,700
  • PhD Research Degree full-time £13,700

European Union Students

  • Undergraduate Courses per academic year £9,250
  • Postgraduate Courses:
  • MBA, MA, MSc - one year £7,080
  • MPhil & PhD Research Degree full-time £4,407

For the complete list of postgraduate tuition fees please visit the University's fees and finance webpage.

Depending on your lifestyle you will need around £7,200 per year (about £800 per month) for accommodation and living expenses (excluding tuition fees).

The University of Worcester's International Recruitment Team can be contacted at:
International Recruitment
Jenny Lind Building - (Room JL 2026)
University of Worcester
Tel: +44 (0)1905 542640
Website: University of Worcester International Students webpage


Financial support will be available to eligible EU students if their course in England starts in the 2020 to 2021 academic year or before. The support will be available for the duration of the course, provided the required residency criteria are met.

If you are an EU national or the child of an EU national, or have lived in the EU for three years prior to starting your undergraduate studies, you may be eligible for a loan to pay your Tuition Fees, whether full or part-time, on a similar basis to UK students. Application forms can be downloaded from:

Student Finance Services European Team can be contacted at:
Student Finance Services Non UK Team
Student Finance England
PO Box 89
County Durham
DL1 9AZ       
Tel: 0141 243 3570 (between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday)
Tel (from outside UK): +44 (0)141 243 3570

For more information see the GOV.UK Student Finance EU Students webpage.

EU students may be eligible for help with living costs from Student Finance if they've lived in the UK for more than 5 years before the start of their course.

EU Maintenance Scholarships

Merit-based scholarships of £1,000 are for EU students in Year One who have 128 UCAS points and do not qualify for a Maintenance Loan. £500 of the scholarship will be paid at the beginning of Semester 1 and £500 at the beginning of Semester 2.

EU students might also be eligible for help with living costs if a member of their family, such as a parent, husband, or wife, is an EEA or Swiss national, and is living and working in England.

Other Funding Available to EU Students

  • Information about other funding available can be found on the British Council website
  • Eligible EU students may also apply for financial help from the University’s Access to Learning Fund (note: a notional student income will be assumed in the assessment process of EU applications to the Access to Learning Fund for those EU students only entitled to a Tuition Fee Loan from Student Finance England).
  • There are Educational Trust Funds and Grant Giving Charities that may help students from outside the UK. See the Trust Funds page on this website for more information.

EEA Migrant Workers

EU students granted Migrant Worker Status are treated as Home Students by Student Finance England so are eligible for the same student finance as students from the UK. As a general rule Migrant Worker Status students must be able to demonstrate to Student Finance England that they are in employment.

Work that is classed as marginal or ancillary will not lead to Migrant Worker Status. Students should check with Student Finance England for details of eligibility.

Students should note that they will lose this status if they stop work, other than for reasons of redundancy and Student Finance England will check that students are still in continuous employment before each of the three dates a year that student finance is paid. Where work undertaken before university is related to the course then it can be given up to start university without loss of Migrant Worker Status but students are advised to check details of status by contacting Student Finance England before making any changes to their employment.

Other information about funding your studies can be found on the British Council webpage and the UCAS webpage.


International students from outside the EU are NOT eligible for Tuition Fee Loans, Maintenance Loans, Maintenance Grants or the Access to Learning Fund, but should see the University's Scholarship options.

International Scholarship   

International (Non-EU) students are eligible to receive tuition fee scholarships of up to £3,000 based on academic merit for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses.

Scholarships are automatically awarded to applicants based on their previous achievement, and range from £1,000 to £3,000. Essentially, the higher grades achieved in your previous study, the higher the value of scholarship for which you will be eligible.

Other scholarships are also available, up to a maximum of £3,000 in total, as well as an Early Payment discount of £500 if fees are paid in full prior to 30 September. Please see the University's International Students webpage for a full overview of all of the International scholarships available.

Other Funding Available to International Students

  • Information about other funding available can be found on the British Council website - click on link to left of this page.
  • There are also Educational Trust Funds and Grant Giving Charities that may help students from outside the UK. See the Trust Funds page on this website for more information.

Student Visa

To obtain a student visa you will need to prove that you will be able to support yourself financially during the period of your studies in the UK.

Useful websites about finance for international students are:

Payment of Fees for International Students

If you are an International student from outside the EU at least half of your tuition fees must be paid in full before you arrive at the University of Worcester (UW). After payment of the deposit, the balance of the tuition fees should be paid on or before arrival at the University. An early payment discount of £500 applies if fees are paid in full prior to the 30th September.


Accommodation Fees for International and EU Students

You will be expected to pay £300 deposit before you arrive. This will be returned to you at the end of your stay providing no damage has occurred. You will receive an invoice for accommodation fees on arrival.

If you have chosen university managed accommodation, you will be asked to sign a binding contract for a set number of weeks. If you leave your accommodation you will be asked to pay your accommodation fees in full for the contracted weeks unless you can find another student who wants to take your room. You must not swap your room with another student without informing the Accommodation Office first.


If you are going to be in the UK for more than six months you should normally be allowed to open a free UK bank account. This is an account which allows you to put money in and take it out using a Debit Card. It will not normally allow you to have a Credit Card or an overdraft.

You can choose which bank to use but look carefully at what they offer. Some banks will offer a more flexible account or a ‘student account’ but there may be a monthly charge for this account. They may offer you ‘free gifts’ but consider carefully the value of the gift in relation to the charge. The Post Office and some Building Societies also offer basic bank accounts. Visa and Mastercard are widely accepted in the UK and may be used instead of opening a bank account.

To open a bank account in the UK you will need your passport (or national ID card if from an EU country) and a Student Status letter downloaded from your SOLE page.


The United Kingdom is currently negotiating its exit from the European Union, with the intention to leave on the 31st of December 2020, commonly referred to as Brexit. EU students should check the UK immigration website periodically for updates on their status related to Brexit:

Visit the GOV.UK website: Studying in the uk: guidance for EU students for information about financial support for EU students.

The University’s International Experience Service provides advice on immigration and Brexit, you can contact them by e-mailing

Part-time work for International and EU Students

EU - If you are an EU student you are eligible to work in the UK without restrictions.

- If you are from outside the European Economic Area and are entering the UK on a Tier 4 visa, you may be eligible to obtain work for a limited number of hours per week while studying a full-time course. You may not work if your visa or passport-stamp states: ‘No Work’ or ‘Employment Prohibited’ etc unless it also contains the words ‘consent of the Secretary of State’. Contact the University’s International Experience Service if you have any student visa queries.

Students on a short term student visa, whether applied for before entry to the UK or received upon arrival in the UK, are not allowed to work. Information about working in the UK can also be found on the UKCISA webpages.

National Insurance (NI) number for International and EU Students

If you are able to work you will need an NI number. You should telephone 0800 141 2075 to arrange allocation of an NI number. You may be allocated a temporary number while your job application is being processed. To obtain an NI number you will need proof of ID (e.g. passport, birth certificate, student ID) and details of the job offer.


The University of Worcester's International Experience Team supports you across your time at the University. They are also the ones that help you if you decide to study a semester abroad and guide you through the process for applying for it. In addition, they can answer your visa and work permits related questions.

The University of Worcester's International Experience Team can be contacted at:
International Experience
Peirson Building (PNG008)
University of Worcester
Telephone: +44 (0)1905 542607
Website: University's International Experience Team