How To Guides

How To Guides

On this page you find out about:

  • How to submit an Assignment  
  • How to change onto a different module
  • How to change courses
  • How current students can apply for Top-Up degrees



Please consult your module outline for details of how to submit your assessment- it may be in hard copy, via SOLE or Blackboard.

Please ensure that for hard copy submissions, you attach the assessment tracking sheet (available from your SOLE page) to the front of your Assignment BEFORE you hand in your work.

Assessments which are to be anonymously marked (check in your module outline) should only be labelled with your student number and not your name.

Essay submission boxes are located in the following places:

Institute of Education (IOE)

Bredon Building
BA Education
FD Learning Support
Postgraduate Education Programmes (PEP)
CPD (Education) courses can be found by the main entrance to Bredon Building

Binyon Building
Box 1 is for:
PGCE Primary
PGCE Secondary
Primary Initial Teacher Education
Education Studies
Diploma in ESOL, English & Maths

Box 2 is for:
Early Childhood Studies
Integrated Early Childhood Studies

Institute of Humanities & Creative Arts (IHCA)
Bredon Building just to the left of the main entrance for all courses.
Art & Design and Creative Digital Media students hand in direct to their department / tutor.

Worcester Business School (WBS) - City Campus

The assignment submission box is located inside the reception area at the Charles Hastings Building at City Campus

(Institute of Sports & Exercise Science (ISES)
Ground floor of Edward Elgar Building in the Nursing Block Foyer by room number EE G093

Institute of Science & the Environment (ISE)
Corridor on the first floor of the Edward Elgar Building by room EE 1040. This assignment box is for all Geography, Archaeology, Biology and Environmental assignments.

Institute of Health & Society (IHS)
Edward Elgar Building on the second floor  - near to room EE2037, top of stairs by the windowPost and Pre-Registration Nursing, Midwifery, Nutritional Therapy, APPS, Paramedics, Enrolled Nursing Conversion course all go into this box.

Nursing final interview report forms go into the box as stated above.

Psychology is located in the Bredon Building outside Room BB70

Health & Wellbeing, Social Welfare, Youth & Community/Young People’s Service, FD Health & Social Care, Learning Disabilities and CAMHS is located in the Bredon Building and the assignment box is located next to the pigeonholes/stationery cupboard.  (NOT the same box as Psychology).



REASSESSMENT WORK should be submitted in the same way/place that you submitted your original assessment.



To request to go onto a different module, log into SOLE, select Course Information from the left hand side, then under the Module Selection box click on Module Change Request.  A new screen will now open, please ensure you read and follow the instructions properly.  ALWAYS check availability for the module you wish to go onto before submitting your request.

If there is sufficient availability please enter in the module code you wish to drop (ABCD1243), next enter in the new module code you wish to be added onto.  Confirm which Semester this module is for and then confirm/enter in your e-mail address that can be used for correspondence regarding this request.  Now click on the 'Submit Change' box.  Your request is then sent to the Programme Adviser, who will then open up your request, action it and then they will send you a response detailing the whether or not your request was successful.  If you have any queries regarding the response please contact the Adviser on



To change the course that you are currently on you please read the options listed below:-

  • If you are a new student who is about to commence their studies, please contact the Admissions Office on 01905 855111 to change your application
  • If you are a current student, please submit a 'Course Change Request' using the online form on the Course Information page of SOLE


To apply for Top-Up Degrees, you can download an Internal Top-Up Application form via the Recruitment and Admissions webpage, or alternatively you can visit the Admissions Office in the Woodbury building.