Health & Wellbeing- signposting & resources

Health & Wellbeing- signposting & resources

  • Topic


    Description of support

    Advice on a range of topics

    Citizens Advice service's work involves providing advice on issues such as debt management and welfare benefits, housing, immigration and asylum, employment, consumer complaints and landlord-tenant disputes. Citizens Advice also runs a consumer helpline to help with consumer issues.

    Advice on a wide range of topics

    How? Visit the list of recommended helplines and support groups here.

    The NHS have collated a list of helplines and support groups that can offer expert advice if you are concerned about yourself or a loved one.


    A range of help lines to seek advice about alcohol


    Cruse is a charity that provides support for those experiencing bereavement 

    Domestic abuse

    Refuge supports women, children & men experiencing domestic violence with a range of services

    Domestic abuse

    To provide specialist advice, support and protection to those who have been affected by domestic, and other forms of, violence and abuse


    Advice, information and support about drugs

    Financial advice

    Free and impartial money advice, set up by government.   Advice and guides to help improve your finances. Tools and calculators to help keep track and plan ahead.  Support over the phone and online

    Mental wellbeing


     24 hour phoneline 116 123  also email to (24 hour response time) 

    Mental wellbeing

    Mind infoLine: 0300 123 3393, text 86463 or email

    For advice on types of mental distress, where to get help, drug treatments, alternative therapies and advocacy contact the Mind infoline  

    Mental wellbeing

    Mind on-line community: side by side peer support

    Psychological therapies

    Talking therapies, or psychological therapies, are effective and confidential treatments delivered by fully trained and accredited NHS practitioners. They can help with common mental health problems like stress, anxiety and depression. A GP can refer you, or you can refer yourself directly to an NHS psychological therapies service (IAPT) without a referral from a GP.


    Relationship Counselling, Family Counselling, Children and Young People's Counselling, Training and Education and Telephone and Webcam Counselling at locations across Worcestershire and Hereford. 

    Support for carers

    Independent source of information, advice and support for unpaid adult carers in Worcestershire. They provide representation for carers at a local and national level and support carers to have a voice in decisions that affect them.  helpline on 0300 012 4272 from 9am to 7pm Monday - Friday and 9am - 12pm Saturday if you need support with your caring role.